The Women’s Global Call for Climate Justice is a global campaign organized collectively by a group of regionally diverse women’s rights and feminist organizations, brought together by the urgent need for just action on climate change.
Holding ad-hoc meetings since December 2014, in June these organizations formed an informal Coordinating Committee for the campaign and launched the call for endorsements on July 14th 2015. The Campaign aims to be decentralized and encourage actions from women’s groups, feminist initiatives and allied organizations in all regions, countries, cities and communities around the world, as well as some coordinated actions in the lead up to COP21 in December in Paris, France.
Click here for full of list of campaign partners. See below for a list of Coordinating Committee members.
- One Million Women
- African Women’s Network for Community Management of Forests (REFACOF
- All India Women’s Conference (AIWC)
- Arab Youth Climate Movement (AYCM)- Bahrain
- Asia-Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD)
- Association des Femmes Peules Autochtones du Tchad (AFPAT)
- Caribbean Association For Feminist Research & Action (CAFRA)
- Diva for Equality Development Alternative with Women for a New Era (DAWN)
- Equidad de Genero
- Feminist Task Force
- Foro Internacional de Mujeres Indigenas (FIMI)
- GenderCC- Women for Climate Justice
- Global Forest Coalition
- Heinrich Boell North America
- INOCHI/Women for Safe Energy
- LIFE e.V
- Pacific Partnerships to Strengthen Gender, Climate Change Responses and Sustainable Development (PPGCCSD)
- Philippine Development Initiatives and Assistance for the Rural Sectors, Inc. (PDIARS)
- Siglo XXIII
- Women’s Environmental Program (WEP)
- Women in Europe for a Common Future (WECF/WICF)
- Women’s Environment and Development Organization (WEDO)
Coordination and communications support for the campaign is provided by the Women’s Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) with support from the Oak Foundation.
For more information on the campaign contact Juliana Velez, email@example.com.